Senior Capture Manager
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 2,400 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider CAES. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven
A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
The CAES Advanced Program Development (APD) line of business is recruiting a Senior Capture Manager to lead new business and capture efforts. This is a key business growth role reporting directly to the CAES APD Director of Business Development. This full-time position is in Colorado Springs, Colorado, with some limited work from home opportunity. The Senior Capture Manager will maintain the highest standards of engineering performance and excellence. The Senior Capture Manager will champion both technical and process innovation. The Senior Capture Manager will lead APD growth through team collaboration and coordination across all engineering and business functions. The Senior Capture Manager will also support all functions within the business and help to define the site’s overall short-term and long-term functional and strategic goals.
The ideal candidate possesses an extremely strong and deep multi-disciplinary engineering and programmatic background in Radio Frequency (RF), digital processing, and software mission areas. This individual will have experience in managing engineering Research and Development (R&D) programs and pre-production activities across a diverse product portfolio. This individual will have proven capabilities to work across functions in a matrix organization to achieve operational results. The ideal candidate will also have proven customer facing skills, people leadership, mentoring, coaching, and training skills for engineers of all levels.
The Senior Capture Manager is an important growth agent for the site. The successful candidate will balance business development and technical activities to win new programs in space protection, security, communication, and networking mission areas. Once won, the Senior Capture Manager will assure successful program execution, engineering effectiveness and efficiency, development speed, and customer satisfaction.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Oversee proposal development, and partner with business development to win new business. With program management, conduct detailed engineering resource planning and coordination of engineering schedules across engineering functions to optimize effectiveness and efficiency of site practices. In coordination with program management, apply strong engineering and programmatic judgment to assure successful program execution. Champion innovation. Drive effective risk and opportunity management. Work collaboratively to assure that design-for-manufacturing and design-for-reliability principles are consistently applied to all development programs. Work with business development to propose and capture new business. Actively develop plans, functional strategy, budgets, and staffing requirements that address engineering capabilities and capacity growth through staff skill development and recruitment.
- Ability to analyze customer stakeholder needs and propose novel solutions to challenging problems in the space protection, security, communication, and networking mission areas
- Ability to lead and drive high performance teams across engineering programs, with a strong focus on teamwork, program execution and rigor, customer satisfaction, and speed
- Ability to apply sound technical and programmatic judgment, make impactful decisions in complex and ambiguous situations, often with incomplete data
- Ability to develop talent through coaching, training, performance management, and recruitment
- Ability to work within a matrixed management structure in an agile and non-siloed manner
- Ability to build positive relationships with key stakeholders, ensuring “cross-pollination” of insights and experiences
- Ability to strongly mediate and develop alternate approaches when there are diverse and conflicting needs in order to achieve positive outcomes
- Ability to role-model for the organization in line with CAES’ values, exhibiting exemplary leadership behavior and emotional intelligence
- Strong communication skills internally and externally, employing diplomacy, confidence, and tact; assertiveness without antagonism or alienation
- Attaining Senior Capture Manager goals such as shaping requirements and winning new business
- Customer and internal stakeholder satisfaction
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 11 years’ experience in leading multi-discipline engineering development teams in one or more high-tech R&D and/or manufacturing companies
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain a Security Clearance
- Bachelor of science degree or master’s degree in Engineering, Math, or Physics
- 8+ years of demonstrated ability to lead progressive changes with strong change agent, mentoring and personnel development skills
- Deep experience and subject matter expertise with RF, digital processing, and EW
- Experience with electronics design & manufacture, relevant market/customer acumen, and strong product and technology expertise
- Experience delivering consistent engineering results across the business pipeline for a diverse product portfolio
- Experience in driving engineering processes, practices, and measures of performance and proven track record with continuous improvement achievements in engineering organizations, including working knowledge of Stage-Gate methodologies
- Business acumen, including a track record of enabling business success through engineering performance results, including responsibility for budgets, schedules, cost estimates, resource planning, and proposals
- Experience interfacing directly with customers on complex program challenges
- Experience leading development of microwave products for radar, EW, and digital processing applications
- Advanced degree in a technical specialty and/or in management
- Experience managing engineering at the site level
- Experience in program management
- Experience working in and driving results in a matrix organization
- Active DoD/Top Secret clearance
Salary Range: $142,000 – $213,000 annually. Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Applicable pay within the posted range may vary based on factors including, but not limited to, geographical location, job function of the position, education, and experience of the successful candidate. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as business results.
CAES APD provides a variety of benefits, including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, 401K, paid holidays, sick leave, and vacation. A complete list is included below.
CAES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in its employee population. It is the policy of CAES to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. CAES will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
CAES is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@caes.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
CAES APD Benefits
- 11 paid holidays
- 10-20 paid vacation days, dependent on years of experience
- Company-paid medical health care plan for employees and families
- Company-paid basic dental health care plan for employees and families
- Company-paid vision health care plan for employees and families
- Company-paid short and long-term disability for employees
- 401K plan with matching employer contributions
- Company-paid life insurance for employees
- Company-paid sick leave, military leave, and jury duty
- Company-paid accidental death and dismemberment insurance for employees
- Education assistance
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Complementary monthly in-house massages by licensed therapist
Prior military needs to provide a copy of their DD-214 upon completion of a successful interview process.
- Referrals through network preferred
- No third party applications
- CAES APD is an equal opportunity employer
- All positions require the ability to obtain a US security clearance
APD hires exclusively on a case-by-case, professional-to-job basis, and only after a careful and thorough vetting process has been carried out by all APD management staff members.