SENIOR ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Do you love engineering so much that you would design in your basement for free? We are looking for passionate-minded individuals just like you!
Colorado Engineering Inc. (CEI) is a Woman Owned Small Business located in Northern Colorado Springs. Founded in 2003, CEI has become known by its government and commercial customers as a highly reliable, go-to source for high-tech hardware and software design engineering of COTS and custom solutions. CEI’s innovative approach and “out of the box thinking,” complimented by an exceptionally talented engineering team, enables it to create high-quality hardware, software, system, and subsystem solutions to meet customers’ toughest design requirements.
CEI is seeking a highly experienced Senior Electrical Design Engineer to support new product development and product improvement projects as part of a multi-disciplinary team. This includes design, analysis, and all aspects of project engineering work.
- Self-motivation and capability of working alone or within a team of engineers.
- Knowledge of all phases of board development from inception through production (architecture, schematics, layout, debug and documentation), and FPGA applications.
- Knowledge of Software design, Firmware design, Radar, EW / ELINT / SIGINT and Communications.
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and all other aspects of electrical engineering.
- Systems Engineering experience is also highly desired.
- A BS degree in Electrical Engineering is a must.
- Willingness to work a minimum of 45 hours/week.
Desired Qualities and Experience
- Work experience in electronic product design and development
- Experience with prototype assembly, turn-on, and debug in a laboratory environment.
- Experience taking a design from concept to production, including characterization of designs.
- Storage industry knowledge and experience, especially related to design using SAS or SATA expanders.
- Knowledge in power supply design.
- Proficiency with Mentor Graphics tool set.
- Knowledge of PCI Express and Ethernet.
- Experience with DFx practices.
- Ability to work efficiently cross-functionally, including working with high-volume domestic and international manufacturing facilities.
CEI employs only the highest caliber people the industry has to offer. Its team is deeply committed to promoting a can-do attitude using cross-training and opportunities that are both personally and professionally challenging and rewarding. This philosophy has attracted an extraordinarily talented and experienced cadre of winning team members. CEI’s environment and culture foster innovative thinking and promote high levels of participation by everyone to continuously strive to improve its superior work processes and ethics.
If you feel the time is right for you to become a member of CEI’s highly professional and success-orientated team, please send your resume packet to:
Human Resources Department
Colorado Engineering, Inc. (CEI)
1915 Jamboree Drive, Suite 165
Colorado Springs, CO 80920-5378
– or –
Click here to email
Along with your complete resume, please include a cover page with a brief personal bio, professional experience, relocation details (if necessary), and the reasons you would like to join the Colorado Engineering team.
- Prior military should also be prepared to provide a copy of your DD-214 upon completion of a successful interview process.
- U.S. Citizenship is REQUIRED for all positions at Colorado Engineering, Inc.
- Applicants with recommendations are preferred.
- Referrals through network preferred.
- No third party applications.
Colorado Engineering hires exclusively on a case-by-case, professional-to-job basis, and only after a careful and thorough vetting process has been carried out by all CEI management staff members.