CEI is looking for an eager Commercial Business Development Manager!
Colorado Engineering Inc. (CEI) is certified as a women’s business enterprise by the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), the nation’s largest third-party certifier of the businesses owned and operated by women in the U.S. CEI is located in Northern Colorado Springs and is a world class electrical engineering firm, known for developing cutting-edge technology. Since 2003, CEI has been developing highly complex hardware, software and system solutions for land, sea, air and space applications. We’re looking for an individual that is passionate about advanced technology and interested in an exciting, highly dynamic, challenging and very rewarding business development career.
The Commercial Business Development Manager is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of CEI’s commercial sales by working closely with business development, sales and marketing leadership to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the department.
Candidates should display the following qualities and skills:
- Self-driven, and able to work under minimal supervision.
- Responsibilities include sales, marketing, managing customer relationships, and key account development.
- Ensures all sales and marketing objectives are achieved in a timely fashion.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement. Works closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement.
- Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Facilitates an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Tracks all personal sales activities in Salesforce.
- Works closely with Engineering and Production to define channel and client product and marketing needs.
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
- Builds peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key management personnel.
Accountabilities and Performance Measures:
- Achievement of marketing, sales, profit, and strategic objectives.
- Accountable for the on-time implementation of sales organization quotas and performance objectives.
- Accountable for the thorough implementation of sales organization-impacting initiatives.
- Responsible for the efficient allocation of technology, support, and training resources impacting the sales organization.
- Accountable for accurate and on-time reporting essential for sales organization effectiveness.
- Achievement of strategic objectives defined by company management.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in engineering sales management and high technology products and design services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Engineering or related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Exceptional written, oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle various priorities.
Colorado Engineering employs only the highest caliber people the industry has to offer. Our team is deeply committed to promoting a can-do attitude through the use of cross-training and opportunities that are both personally and professionally challenging and rewarding. This philosophy has attracted an extraordinarily talented and experienced cadre of winning people to the CEI team. Our environment and culture fosters innovative thinking and promotes high levels of participation by everyone to continuously strive to improve our superior work processes and ethics.
If you feel the time is right for you to become a member of our highly professional and success-orientated team, please send us your resume packet:
Human Resources Department
Colorado Engineering, Inc. (CEI)
1915 Jamboree Drive, Suite 165
Colorado Springs, CO 80920-5378
– or –
Along with your complete resume, please include a cover page with a brief personal bio, professional experience, relocation details (if necessary), and the reasons you would like to join the Colorado Engineering team.
- Prior military should also be prepared to provide a copy of your DD-214 upon completion of a successful interview process.
- U.S. Citizenship is REQUIRED for all positions at Colorado Engineering, Inc.
- Applicants with recommendations are preferred.
- Referrals through network preferred.
- No third party applications.
Colorado Engineering hires exclusively on a case-by-case, professional-to-job basis, and only after a careful and thorough vetting process has been carried out by all CEI management staff members.