Principal Electrical Design Engineer II
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 2,400 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider CAES. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven
A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
CAES Advanced Program Development (APD) is recruiting a highly experienced Principal Electrical Design Engineer II for new product development and product improvement projects as part of a multi-disciplinary team. This includes design, analysis, and all aspects of project engineering work as well as leading, mentoring, coaching, and training junior engineers.
- BS in Engineering, Math, or Physics with at least 10 years’ experience in leading multi-disciplined engineering development teams in one or more high-tech R&D and/or manufacturing companies.
- Experience in all phases of board development from inception through production (architecture, schematics, layout, debug and documentation), and FPGA applications.
- Experience with electronics (software, firmware, and hardware) design and manufacture, relevant market/customer acumen, and strong product and technology expertise.
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and all other aspects of electrical engineering.
- Experience delivering consistent engineering results across the business pipeline for a diverse product portfolio.
- Demonstrated ability to lead progressive changes, mentoring, coaching, and personnel development skills.
- Experience interfacing directly with customers on complex programs.
- Highly self-motivated and experienced in managing engineering personnel.
- Leadership experience in program management.
Desired Qualities and Experience
- Advanced degree in a technical specialty or in management.
- Experience working in and driving results for a matrix organization.
- Work experience in electronic product design and development.
- Experience with prototype assembly, turn-on, and debug in a laboratory environment.
- Experience taking a design from concept to production, including characterization of designs.
- Knowledge of radar, EW/ELINT/SIGINT, and communications are a plus.
- Knowledge of high-speed digital and/or analog design.
- Proficiency with Altium tool set.
- Knowledge of PCI Express and Ethernet.
- Experience with DFx practices.
- Ability to work efficiently and cross-functionally, including working with high-volume domestic and international manufacturing facilities.
- Systems Engineering experience is also highly desired.
- C/C++, Python, or other programming language expertise.
CAES APD provides a variety of benefits, including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, 401K, paid holidays, sick leave, and vacation. A complete list is included below.
Salary information and application instructions are available on the application website – access by clicking below.
CAES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in its employee population. It is the policy of CAES to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. CAES will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
CAES is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@caes.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
CAES APD Benefits
- 11 paid holidays
- 10-20 paid vacation days, dependent on years of experience
- Company-paid medical health care plan for employees and families
- Company-paid basic dental health care plan for employees and families
- Company-paid vision health care plan for employees and families
- Company-paid short and long-term disability for employees
- 401K plan with matching employer contributions
- Company-paid life insurance for employees
- Company-paid sick leave, military leave, and jury duty
- Company-paid accidental death and dismemberment insurance for employees
- Education assistance
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Complementary monthly in-house massages by licensed therapist
Prior military needs to provide a copy of their DD-214 upon completion of a successful interview process.
- Referrals through network preferred
- No third party applications
- CAES APD is an equal opportunity employer
- All positions require the ability to obtain a US security clearance
APD hires exclusively on a case-by-case, professional-to-job basis, and only after a careful and thorough vetting process has been carried out by all APD management staff members.